Friday, November 18, 2011

Is an Omega brand sewing machine a good quality machine?

I am wanting to learn to use a sewing machine. So my first obstacle, is finding a good one. I am looking at an Omega Heavy Duty Sewing machine (model 7142) right now. I know Singer is a popular brand, but is this one just as good?|||It's not a brand I've ever heard of, unless you're talking Necchi Omega, which are not cheap. The $70 Omega machines I'm seeing on ebay look like trouble to me.





Best advice I can give you:


http://www.cet.com/~pennys/faq/smfaq.htm





If the machine you're looking at is not a Necchi, I'd be very worried about service and parts availability in the US (and apparently everywhere else, if my google searching abilities haven't totally deserted me).|||Omega is a brand made by Euro Pro Sewing machines. Most popular are the models #605 and #7500. They are sold at Walmart for about $200. These are great machines to learn on and see if you are serious about sewing. I have had mine for about 3 years with absolutely no problems.


Easy to use.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment