Friday, November 18, 2011

What is the recommended dosage of Omega 6 per day?

I am looking for how much omega 6 I should be having every day. I do NOT get any in my normal foods because all I eat is whey protein powder. The only omega 6 I get is from borage oil and I am wonder how much borage oil I should be taking in ratio comparison to fish/flax oil|||Excess Omega 6 in studies have shown that tumors can grow faster, larger and more invasive. Also a study at an LA Vets home showed that a group who had a diet high on Omega 6 had twice the mortality rate of those on a regular diet. So be aware of that.





There is no official recommended daily dose for omega-6 fatty acids. Taken in oil form, approximately 1鈥?% of the daily calorie intake, or 1 tsp (3鈥? g per day), should prevent signs of deficiency in most adults. An optimal dose is around 3鈥?% of daily calorie intake, or 1 tbsp (9鈥?8 g daily). Some researchers suggest that 10% of daily calorie intake as linoleic acid is required to maintain optimal function.

No comments:

Post a Comment